Vasiliki Baskos is teacher of Greek and founder of learn-greek-online.com. She teaches modern Greek as a foreign language online via Skype to students from around the globe. She is also responsible for all courses and lessons taught at Learn Greek Online:
- Students preparing for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek (A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2).
- Children learning Greek as a second language or needing to improve their Greek language skills.
- Tourists taking a short basic course in Greek language, before they visit Greece (Tourist Greek).
- Business people, who take business Greek language courses tailored to their specific needs in Greece.
She is an active member of the Quora community ( question-and-answer site ), answering questions mainly about the Greek language and online learning. Her answers are listed here:
- 1998: Received a scholarship and studied at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in Greece.
- 2002: Received her degree in Greek Language & Literature, with specialization in Linguistics, from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- 2002-2004: Attended seminars about teaching modern and ancient Greek to non-Greek speakers.
Professional Background / Teaching
- 2006-2012: Taught modern and classical Greek at public high schools in Greece, in the districts of Serres, Chalkidiki and Thessaloniki. Specialized in courses designed for immigrant students with little knowledge of Greek.
- 2010: Worked closely with the Board of Education of Thessaloniki and co-authored a report on the adjustment of immigrant students in the Greek public schools system.
- 2006-2012: Worked privately as a Greek tutor. Taught Greek as a foreign language to students and people that had moved to Greece. Prepared them to take the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek.
- 2012: Began teaching Greek online.
- 2013: Founded learn-greek-online.com, an online service for teaching Greek as a second language through one-to-one webconference lessons.
- 2014: Launched the free service Ask Greek. Anybody can ask a question related to the Greek language. She personally answers them.
- 2015: Started working as "Independent Contractor" for Mango Languages ( https://mangolanguages.com ), a Michigan (USA) based company, specializing in online language learning:
- Creates educational material for their Greek online courses.
- Works as a Live Coach for Mango students studying Greek.
Contact Greek teacher/tutor Vasiliki Baskos.