Greek Skype Lessons to help children learn Greek or improve their Greek language skills. These children typically belong to Greek families living outside Greece, they are 6-16 years old, they do not have access to Greek Language School or a better alternative is sought.
Why choose us
- Children like Nefeli, our Greek primary school teacher.
- Children like our lessons. We try to use modern books and make the lessons engaging. Greek schools may use outdated books and methods that are not appealing to young students. Click here for a partial list of the books we use.
- To save time. Children's schedule may already be overloaded with activities. One-to-one lessons are more efficient than group lessons and you save the time spent in commuting.
What the child will learn
This depends on the child's background:
- The age.
- Whether it already speaks Greek.
- The previous grammar and language level.
According to the children’s needs, interests and parent's requirements we may use/teach :
- Language (listening and reading comprehension, speaking and writting).
- Greek mythology.
- Greek history.
- Other linguistic domains that the child is keen on.
Duration of lesson
A regular session is 50 minutes. However young children may have difficulty staying concentrated for such a long time. For those we have half-session lessons lasting only 25 minutes.
Before we start teaching a child
- First we need to discuss with the parents the specific needs of the child. For this, the parents will book a Free Lesson, where we can talk and agree if we can meet their requirements.
- Next we need to have a regular session/lesson with the child. This will give us a better understanding of the child's level, what books to use etc. We also need to see if the child likes the teacher and the Skype lessons. It is very important to gain the trust and have the cooperation of the child. You do not need to pay for this second session, unless you decide to continue with the lessons.
- Finally the parent will judge if the child is happy with the process and the teacher. If this is the case, we can continue.
Rated 4.9 / 5, based on 21 customer reviews.