0 votes
Γεἰα σας, καθηγἠτριἀ μας!

what is the best way we can use to talk to a priest? how to say "reverend father" or something equivalent?

Thank you.
asked by (1.3k points)

1 Answer

0 votes

When addressing simple priests, we just call them "πάτερ" (ancient Greek form of "father").

When addressing higher ranking priests, we say "σεβασμιώτατε", which means "very reverend".

answered by (31.5k points)
"σεβασμιἐ" is wrong?
I have come across the phrase "σεβάσμιε πάτερ".  I guess you can call him "σεβάσμιε" too.  

From what I know, a plain "πάτερ" is the most common way to address a priest.